Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Country Cow Deli

Country Cow Deli 203-371-0303
2505 Black Rock Tpke Fairfield, CT 06825

Located right off of Exit 44 on the Merritt Parkway, I first heard about the Country Cow Deli through a friend that claimed it had the best bacon, egg and cheese sandwich in Fairfield County. 

So yesterday (Monday) morning, I headed over to the Country Cow with a few friends. The place is a small deli, with some sit down space and the walls are lined with newspaper articles of local high school athletes.  The place smelled good and was pretty packed for a monday morning. We all ordered right away- the famous bacon, egg and cheese on a hard roll. 

It only took about five minutes to make, but I could tell our sandwiches were made fresh to order. We all took a seat on a bench outside the deli to eat our breakfast. The egg was fried with a hard yolk, topped with melted white american cheese and crisp bacon and all surrounded by your ordinary hard roll. Overall, not my favorite BEC ever but the bacon and egg was cooked well and the roll was just the right size. The sandwich seemed pretty average to me, but was still good enough that I inhaled it in a mere couple minutes. 

The rest of the deli features your regular deli sandwiches and salads, but the breakfast menu looks pretty interesting with some good-looking omelets and a mexican sandwich that I will have to try on my next visit to the Country Cow. 

Overall verdict- a good BEC option, but nothing to drive out of way for. But service was good and prices were great, as the sandwich was only $3.00 and the rest of the menu has very good prices. 

1 comment:

  1. Having gone to the country cow numerous times over the last year I have to agree with you about the place. A hidden gem on Black Rock would be the best way to define it from my point of view. I personally think the BEC is above average, but we are all entitled to our own opinion. This seems like a stellar food blog for the restaurants of the greater Fairfield County Area.

    ReplyDelete