Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Amateur Gourmet


The Amateur Gourmet is my new idol. Maybe it's because we're a lot alike (I like to think so). In his first review on eGullet, before he even started his site, he says, "My name is Adam and I am an aspiring gourmet, limited in my pursuit by factors that include: a. budget; b. food knowledge; and c. friends with limited pallettes."  Hmm- seems enough like me.  

The Amateur Gourmet- aka Adam Roberts- was started in 2004 when Roberts was only 25, and he has since won several awards, written a book and is recognized throughout the culinary scene.

He's got how-to's, recipes, and my favorite- his reviews of hundreds of gourmet (and casual) restaurants throughout the country (but mostly in New York).  

I love his blog because Adam is simply laugh-out-loud funny. He uses creative cartoons to portray his restaurant ventures and takes a picture of every plate he eats- a great addition. 

He discusses everything from why he chose to eat there, background, who he went with and even rates the bathrooms at restaurants. 

His reviews are really long- but I can never stop reading them. I'm gonna try my hardest not to copy everything he does and put it on FCfoodbytes. Anyways, bookmark it now!

amateurgourmet.com- go to it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sanders. I've been reading a few of his pieces and they have been very good.

    ReplyDelete