Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Southport Brewing Company


Southport Brewing Company 203-256-BEER
2600 Post Rd Southport, CT 06490

With locations in Hamden, Milford, Stamford, Branford and Southport- SBC has become a popular Connecticut restaurant over the last 10 years- bringing in all different crowds. The Southport location, its original, is the only one I can really report on. It brings in families for dinner, couples, the sports-watching crowd and those who just enjoy tasting one of their 27 brews. 

SBC offers salads, bar food, burgers, sandwiches, and even entrees- steaks, pork and pasta dishes. I personally think their thin-crust pizzas are one of their better options. The last time I ate at SBC, I went with two friends, Eliza and Jordan for a quick dinner. 

I ordered the pork and beans-a pork chop with orange marmalade and sauteed beans with spinach. The beans and spinach worked well with the sweetness of the orange sauce, and I thought the pork was overall pretty good. 

Jordan ordered the pork special- his pork was overcooked/dry and the sauce was lacking in flavor. Eliza ordered the warm goat cheese salad which tasted pretty good- a simple salad but the goat cheese had a nice Focaccia crust that added texture. 

For dessert we ordered key lime pie and the chocolate lava cake. Both desserts were decent- not the best of either that I've ever had but not memorable by any means.

Don't expect to get great food at SBC, but its a good place for a modest family dinner, and I recommend trying the pizza or to watch a sports game at their bar/booths. Note: I can't comment on their beers- only a few more years..

1 comment:

  1. Though I really did not like the pork dish, I have to admit the key lime pie with graham cracker crust was very good

    ReplyDelete