Sunday, August 9, 2009

Christie's Country Store- Pizza

Here's just a quick review of  the pizza at Christie's Country Store in Westport. Being the closest food place to my house, I figured it'd be important to know what they're pizza was like (they even deliver).  That's already points for convenience.

So I ordered a small cheese pie (they have all the usual toppings).  The pizza was a good size for $9. I mean I couldn't eat all of it so it wasn't a personal pizza or anything. Their dough is very thick for your traditional pizza- I'm a fan of thin crust- but the crust was crunchy and pretty good for its thickness. The pizza was very hot- I hope that means it was freshly made. 

Although I liked the thick, gooey mozzarella they used, there was simply too much of it. There was so much it outweighed the rest of the pizza and often fell off because there was so much of it. The cheese was also impossible to cut because it was so thick. 

My favorite part of the pizza was their sauce. The taste was decent but they put a lot of sauce on, which I love on my pizza. 

In the end, Christie's pizza is pretty decent, but if I had my choice of pizza in Westport I wouldn't go back to Christie's for their pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment