Monday, August 3, 2009

The Next Food Network Star


Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back from a week-long hiatus! And the blog will be better than ever...I hope?

There's much to report on in my food world over the last week and I'll start it off with some recent TV news.

Self-proclaimed underdog Melissa D'Arabian won "The Next Food Network Star" in the finale over Jeffrey Saad with her mini pilot "Kitchen Survival Guide". Melissa is a stay-at-home mom known for her money-saving and quick tips in the kitchen, and her new show "Ten Dollar Dinners" will premier on the Food Network this Sunday at 12:30pm. 

Now I was sad to see Melissa win. She had some good tips- fine. But she annoyed me so much with her way-too-perky expressions and her dishes seemed pretty boring to me. 

I was pulling for my boy Jeffrey, who did his mini-pilot entitled "The Ingredient Smuggler" where he used an interesting foreign ingredient (he used harissa- a north-African hot sauce) to create a delicious-looking steak sandwich. Every time Jeffrey was on, he made you hungry for whatever he was making and his dishes were creative and unique. 

Although it was a disappointing finale, I know Jeffrey will be successful on the Food Network even without the win last night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment