Monday, July 27, 2009

Christie's Country Store

Christie's Country Store ~ 161 Cross Hwy Westport, CT 06880 ~ (203) 222-9999

Unlike the Christie's that many teenagers are familiar with, the new and improved country store is clean, safe, delicious, mostly organic/natural, and offers many services. Christie's has it all - tons of beverages, hot dogs & hamburgers, pizza (yes, they deliver), deli sandwiches, salads, prepared foods, a Tex-Mex menu, breakfast foods, candy, snacks, and plenty more. In addition, there is a grocery section of the store with all-natural chips, salad dressings, cereals, etc.

In the past, I have gotten appetizing pizza, breakfast burritos, deli sandwiches, and Burrito Extremes - a wrap loaded with chicken cutlet, lettuce, tomato, cheese, bacon, refried beans, sour cream, salsa, and probably some other ingredients. If you plan on going to the gym afterwards to burn off all the calories, this is a great filling meal.

However, I was in a rush tonight so I grabbed a pre-made chicken cacciatore dish ($7.20). I had never tried Christie's pre-made meals before, but I could tell this was fresh because the plastic container was still warm despite being in a cooler.

I heated up the chicken dish as soon as I got home. It consisted of roasted chicken with roasted sweet peppers and mushrooms in a hearty tomato sauce over perfectly cooked linguini. Honestly, it was very good, and I even consider it great for being pre-made. The portion was big enough that I had to leave some extra (and I can eat a lot), so it is well worth the $7.20. Next time I'm at Christie's, I will definitely grab a prepared meal because I know that they are fresh and tasty. In fact, there was a sausage and pepper dish in the cooler tonight that looked very good, so I already know tomorrow night's dinner!

**I am not giving Christie's Country Store a numerical review because I ate the chicken cacciatore at home. However, it was very clean and the people are extremely nice there.


No comments:

Post a Comment