Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Best Pizza in Westport

So in my hometown of Westport, we've got way too many pizza places. Tell us what your favorite is!

This is just places that specialize in pizza:
Planet Pizza
Pizza Thyme
Angelina's 
Joe's Pizza
Arcudi's 
Martha's Pizza
4 Brothers
Westport Pizza
Bertucci's
John's Best
Julian's
Westfair Pasta & Pizza
Elvira's (sorta)

My personal favorite is Julian's Brick Oven Pizza (located on Riverside next to Mansion Clam House)- which I only recently tried. Reminds me a lot of Pepe's.
It's got a crispy thin crust, good amount of sauce,  fresh toppings and a great smoky flavor from the brick oven. 

Leave a comment and tell us who has the best pizza in Westport.

6 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree with Julian's as number 1. Their brick oven pizza is to die for. But Westport Pizza is definitely a close second; an overall classic. And if we can count Norwalk, we'd definitely have to consider Fat Cat and Jordan's. mmmmm pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me commence my post with a "WOW!". Westport is a Mecca for Italian eateries. I believe pizza was first invented in Westport in 1996 at the Italian festival. Probably the most distinguished pizzeria in all of Westport is Bertucci's. It's not a chain, as most believe, but an Italian culinary institute that has introduced itself in multiple locations. It's pizza is phenomenal and one savors every bite they take, and feel saddened when they see an empty pizza box sitting in front of them. Bertucci's is the greatest pizzeria in all of Westport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote for #1 traditional pizza would have to go to the classic Westport Pizza.

    However, I enjoy eating Pizza Thyme the most - especially their salad pizza and southwest chicken pizza

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite (especially for overall quality not just pizza) is westfair pizza, great bread and pastas as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. alright that's 2 for Julians, 1 for Westport, and 1 for Westfair.

    lets go people comment on your favorite pizza in Westport

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traditional: Westport Pizzeria
    Best toppings (and bang for your buck): Planet Pizza

    ReplyDelete