Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nauti Dolphin Pizzeria


The Nauti Dolphin Pizzeria ~ 1 Carter Henry Drive (Fairfield Train Station Northbound Side) Fairfield, CT 06824 ~ (203) 256-1877

Today I stopped by the Nauti Dolphin Pizzeria in Fairfield, CT for a quick slice.  For a pizza place, this small restaurant (all that is there is a bar, 3-4 stools, a small television, a beverage cooler, and a coffee machine) could not have a better location.  It is literally at the Fairfield train station, so commuters come through all day for their pizza fix.  However, upon looking at the menu, I realized that this is no ordinary pizza joint.  They also serve salads, dinner platters such as chicken parmesan, grinders and heroes, calzones, pasta, and most notably delicious specialty pizzas.  These unique pies include Buffalo Chicken, "The Commuter" (chicken, sun dried tomatoes, garlic), "Hot N' Spicy Sow" (sausage with romano cheese, cherry peppers, spice, and olive oil), "The Park City" (white pie with shrimp, broccoli, and garlic), and other original creations.  Customers are encouraged to add spice or fresh cherry peppers to their specialty pizzas at no additional cost.

Anyway, as for my experience at the Nauti Dolphin (isn't that a great name?), I was pretty boring considering I just had one plain cheese slice.  However, it was huge, delicious, very cheesy, and only $2.00.  It was served in a matter of minutes after ordering (yes, it was made fresh right before my eyes), and I had a very nice conversation with the friendly owner who works there often. The taste was nearly flawless, but could use a little more flavor - this is where the red pepper and parmesan cheese come in handy.  By the time I finished my giant slice, I was already full and didn't need to order a second.  So, this place is great if you're running low on dough.  Plus, for all you germophobes out there, the pizza oven is directly in front of the eating bar, so you know exactly what is going on your food.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed the pizza I ate at the Nauti Dolphin and am excited to try one of the specialty pies.  I definitely foresee a second visit in the near future. 

P.S. - Free delivery in Fairfield!

Overall: 4.3
Taste: 4
Atmosphere: 4
Experience: 4
Menu: 4.5
Service: 5
Would I return? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment