Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vosges Chocolates


Vosges Chocolates are my new obsession. This company uses exotic ingredients and flavor combinations to make chocolates, ice cream and other snacks. 

I've only tried two of their products, but I'm already hooked. 
One deep milk chocolate bar with Tibetan goji berries and Himalayan sea salt. 
One dark chocolate ice cream with ancho and chipotle chillies and Ceylon cinnamon. 

I don't even like chocolate ice cream, but the one I tried has the perfect combination of sweet, salt and bitterness. First you get a slight cinnamon flavor with the chocolate and then there's a great kick at the end from the chillies.

I can't wait to try the rest of their exotic chocolates- especially their bacon chocolate bar. 
Although they're a little expensive ($7.50 per bar), it's definitely worth it for a chocolate treat. 

Check them out on vosgeschocolate.com or in Balducci's stores, and just give one of them a try. They have different chocolates combined with plums, wasabi,  and even mushrooms.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a warning, I haven't tried any of their other products, but I once had the bacon chocolate bar and it was one of the foulest things I've ever tasted. This is coming from someone who loves both bacon and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you as our newest follower. I know Sansur tried all the bars and he said the bacon chocolate bar was great..he's got a really sophisticated palette though

    ReplyDelete