Friday, July 17, 2009

Westfair Pizza and Pasta

Westfair Pizza and Pasta ~ 1759 Post Road East Westport, CT ~ (203) 259-2299

A hidden secret about Westfair Pizza & Pasta (formally known as "Slice"), is their paninis.  One would not think to order one from here because the name of the restaurant is not Westfair Pizza, Pasta, and Paninis, but the grilled sandwiches are in fact very appetizing.

Tonight I had the hot "Cha-Cha" panini (all are $7.25), which consists of grilled chicken on a grilled roll with cheddar, avocado, bacon, sundried tomatoes, and pesto mayo - an original combo I had never seen before.  I brought it home, and upon opening the styrofoam box I literally said out loud "Whoa."  The variety of colors - green from avocado, yellow/orange from chedder, red from tomatoes....) this panini had made it look incredible, and almost like a painter's pallet. Anyway, the sandwich was very good.  Each component was tasty except for the pesto mayo.  There was not enough of it, and it was quite bland.  To compensate for it, I put Annie's Goddess dressing on the side to dip the panini into; this was a great call.

In the end, I very much enjoyed my panini and the "small" (it was actually very big) garden salad I got on the side.  Next time any of you go to Westfair, make sure you try a panini.  However, if you're in the mood for pizza, get the salad pizza.  It's delicious.


**I'm not giving Westfair Pizza & Pasta a numerical review because I did not eat at the restaurant

1 comment:

  1. They're pasta is average, pizza is solid, and I'd agree your best bet there is their paninis and sides.

    ReplyDelete