Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Pantry


The Pantry ~ 1580 Post Road (Route 1),  Fairfield, CT ~ (203) 259-0400

Yesterday I ate at The Pantry in Fairfield, CT for a quick bite in the middle of the workday.  My main intention was to deliver them Steaz Iced Teaz, but I was pretty hungry so I stayed for some lunch.  The Pantry has it all - prepared foods, cold beverages, spices, sauces, groceries, fresh salads, gourmet foods in coolers, homemade coffee/tea/soda, and sandwiches ready to order.  In addition, it's clean and has indoor and outdoor seating available.  I wasn't especially hungry, so I headed towards the salad station.  Unlike other places like Chef's Table and Garelick and Herbs, The Pantry prices its salads by the pound as opposed to a choice of 5-7 items.  However, I was limited to a combination of mixed greens and romaine for my lettuce option, but this didn't bother me.  I then went on to choose cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, grilled chicken, lima beans, and sunflower seeds as my toppings, all mixed in with balsamic vinaigrette.  

I sat inside at  a small table that was perfect size for a quick lunch or a coffee break, and took my time with the salad.  Though it was just a salad, it was very good.  All of the ingredients were fresh, and I'm pretty sure everything in the store is organic.  The other food in the store looked delicious too - notably the steak and chicken in the case beside the salad station.  Plus, the store seemed to be upscale considering the products are organic.  To be honest, I don't remember how much the salad costed, but that just means it wasn't so expensive that I would remember it.  All in all, I really liked The Pantry, and even more now because it  officially carries Steaz Iced Teaz.  Head over there and try it out!

Overall: 4.5
Taste: 4.5
Atmosphere: 5
Experience: 4.5
Would I return? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment